Dec 14, 2021 | Jessica Traynor | 627 views
Alliance Bulletin re: players aged 5-11
Please see the attached bulletin which has been developed in consultation with the ALLIANCE Hockey COVID Committee that explains the addition to the ALLIANCE Covid-19 Vaccination policy.
Bulletin 21-019 Vaccination Policy 2010 Birth Years & Participants Aged 5-11.docx
We have reviewed guidelines from the Ministry of Health and consulted with Public Health Officials. This direction is consistent with our other member partners and the OHF.
Although we strongly recommend that 5 to 11 year old’s get vaccinated we will not mandate the vaccination. The rationale is as follows:
- It takes 10 weeks to be fully vaccinated (8 weeks between doses and then 2 weeks to be considered fully vaccinated).
- Reduced availability of COVID vaccination Clinics Consistency across other Member Partners and the OHF
- Consultation with Public health and the Ministry of Health
- Uncertainty of compliance with the mandate and resulting team composition. This could impact our ability to complete the current season for some teams.
- Logistics with making change mid season such as refunds, accommodations, etc.
The ALLIANCE Hockey Board of Directors will review our COVID-19 Vaccination policy after this season and will communicate expectations for next year as soon as possible.